Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
- The Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) in covered cities provide comprehensive health care to beneficiaries of the scheme.
- CGHS (Chennai/Puducherry) vide its advertisement in the Employment newspaper dated 18th - 24th March 2017 and in New Indian Express newspaper dated 23.03.2017 had notified the recruitment for the posts of Pharmacists (allopathic) for catering medical care facilities to beneficiary under CGHS. As per the advertisement (Annexure-1) applicants with the following essential criteria were eligible to apply for the post of Pharmacists in CGHS.
Based on the aforementioned advertisement, applications were received in the office of CGHS. It has been decided by CGHS to conduct a written recruitment test to shortlist the candidates for the advertised position.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) shall be conducting the recruitment test for the post of Pharmacists on behalf of CGHS.
NBE is an autonomous organization established by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India with proven expertise and credentials in conducting examinations on all India basis.
NBE shall be conducting the recruitment test on 24th September 2017. The result of the recruitment test shall be handed over to CGHS for further action in respect of recruitment process.
Final selection for the post of Pharmacists shall be subject to fulfillment of the eligibility criteria as indicated in the advertisement and compliance of all other criteria laid down by CGHS.
Applicants may kindly note that appearance in recruitment test does not confer any automatic rights for any interview call by CGHS or participation in further proceedings of the recruitment process.
- 12th Class pass with Science subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) or equivalent from a recognized Board or University.
- Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized institution and registered under Pharmacy Act, 1948; and
Two year’s experience as Pharmacist in any recognized Hospital or Pharmacy after duly registered as Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948; and
- Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (B. Pharm.) from a recognized University or equivalent; and
- Registered as a Pharmacist under the Pharmacy Act, 1948.